Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
Is anyone else having an issue with wireless charging while on iOS 13? I've turned off the new slow charge feature and my iPhone X still will not charge beyond 80% on a wireless charger, regardless of how long I leave it on. It'll fully charge with a lightning cable, albeit very slowly. All my other devices on iOS 13 charge as they always have. My iPhone X is the only device I charge wirelessly.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is anyone else having an issue with wireless charging while on iOS 13? I've turned off the new slow charge feature and my iPhone X still will not charge beyond 80% on a wireless charger, regardless of how long I leave it on. It'll fully charge with a lightning cable, albeit very slowly. All my other devices on iOS 13 charge as they always have. My iPhone X is the only device I charge wirelessly.
Do you have optimized battery charging enabled? https://www.macrumors.com/2019/06/05/ios-13-optimized-battery-charging/

Reactions: saberahul

bryonbnm

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
I thought that might be the problem, but even with it completely disabled my iPhone doesn't fully charge.

My XS Max will not charge at all since installing Beta 3, either wireless or via cable. I've submitted bug report to Apple. Anyone figure out how to resolve? I've tried the step listed here.

erio

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2004

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208078

djeeyore25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 23, 2014
New York City
Thanks for all the suggestions. I restarted my iPhone X after turning off optimized battery charging and the problem seems to have corrected itself. I can't say that the restart was the answer but at least it's charging to 100% again.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

Using the XS Max here and I pretty much just use wireless charging.
Having no issue charging to 100%.
Running PB2

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
My XS Max will not charge at all since installing Beta 3, either wireless or via cable. I've submitted bug report to Apple. Anyone figure out how to resolve? I've tried the step listed here.

I’ve had same problem, doing a full restart temporarily resolves the problem but it does reoccur for me

Stevo1006

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014

My XS max charged fine Thursday night but last night was on the wireless charger all night and did not charge at all. Tried via cable and it is working

Reactions: geekonthepc

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
I uninstalled OneDrive which was keeping my iPhone X battery draining. Thought the wireless charging pad was at fault originally.
No issue with iPad Mini 5 which is also on PB2.

geekonthepc

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2013
My XS max charged fine Thursday night but last night was on the wireless charger all night and did not charge at all. Tried via cable and it is working
Same.
Happened to me twice now, very annoying (iPhone XS)
Seems to only have been happening in b3 for me.
Hopefully b4 will fix.

Osamede

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2009
Worked okay for me.

DarkSorrow82

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2016
Minocqua, WI
Wireless charging has always worked for me but the past 2 days it sits on the wireless charger all night with the charger light on on my pad and I wake up and battery is still bellow 20.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I made a post a few minutes ago for the same issues before realizing this post was here. When I went into the office this morning, my battery was already at 88% after charging overnight, so I placed my XS MAX on my wireless charger on my desk, and it shows its charging and even has the icon at the top right showing its charging but yet my battery is now down to 83% (So it seems like its not actually charging at all)

One night it was on the wireless charger overnight and did not charge at all so my phone was at 20% and wouldn't even charge once I plugged into actual hard wire Apple charger. Luckily this is not daily but I am not sure what the issue is, and I am glad to see its not just me and I am not going crazy.

Using iOS13 Public Beta on latest 3rd release.

I just rebooted the phone and it did start charging again.

Last edited:

DarkSorrow82

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2016
Minocqua, WI
I made a post a few minutes ago for the same issues before realizing this post was here. When I went into the office this morning, my battery was already at 88% after charging overnight, so I placed my XS MAX on my wireless charger on my desk, and it shows its charging and even has the icon at the top right showing its charging but yet my battery is now down to 83% (So it seems like its not actually charging at all)

One night it was on the wireless charger overnight and did not charge at all so my phone was at 20% and wouldn't even charge once I plugged into actual hard wire Apple charger. Luckily this is not daily but I am not sure what the issue is, and I am glad to see its not just me and I am not going crazy.

Using iOS13 Public Beta on latest 3rd release.

I just rebooted the phone and it did start charging again.

I’m using the Developer Beta 4 I think it is and the issue is still there. I just got notice that Developer Beta 5 was released so I’m going to give it a try and see if wireless charging is fixed.

Reactions: C7 POWER

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
For the 1st time, I am experiencing the issues 2 days in a row where the battery charges overnight but when I get to work and put it back on a wireless charger, it shows both via the charger and phone screen that it is charging but it really isnt and the battery level continues to drop throughout the morning.

I then turn off the phone and turn it back on, and it starts charging again. Very odd.

verpeiler

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2013
Munich, Germany
Yesterday morning my XR only charged (overnight) to 80% as well... today it charged to 100%. Strange.

Looks like this "optimized battery charging" feature isn't working as intended right now. When I look at the charging diagram it never stopped at 80% and charged the last 20% later. The iPhone should know my sleep/charge pattern by now, I always put it on my wireless charger at about 10-11 pm and wake up at 6.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I updated to iOS13 Beta 4 last night, was hoping that would resolve it but still does it this morning, I still fully charge overnight but if I put the phone on the wireless charger when I get to work it does not charge. I just turned off the Optimized Battery option and it started charging.

kong85

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2011
Singapore
Is anyone else having this issue on the final release of iOS13?

I've been using my iPhone Xs on a wireless charger for about 6 months, and never had issues charging. After updating to iOS13 the phone charges intermittently (charging then not charging at intervals of 1-2 seconds). I tried rebooting and that worked for the remainder of yesterday, now today I had the same issue. Disabled optimised battery charging but that didn't help, so put it back on again. Rebooted the phone again and now it is charging normally. Hope this gets resolved with iOS13.1.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.