Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2019
This is the error my iPhone XR gives me when trying to activate. I have tried with and without SIM cards and I have restored it already. Anybody had this problem before and know how to fix it? Already waited 40 minutes on hold with Apple earlier and finally got an answer and the call cut out within the first minute. Not really in the mood to wait that out again but if nobody here can help I will! Thanks
9b6153f9321ae6dc93c87f6136ba4d4a.jpg

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
Is this a new phone or one that you’ve used before and has only recently stopped working? If it’s a new one I’d check with whom you purchased it from. There’s a chance the device could be blacklisted though I’m not certain since I’ve never dealt with a blacklisted device firsthand.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Get your money back.

These stolen display models can't be activated after a restore.

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 4, 2019
So you think it’s stolen from a store? I knew it was like this when I bought it so it wasn’t advertised as working. I thought I could fix it but can’t now.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
So you think it’s stolen from a store? I knew it was like this when I bought it so it wasn’t advertised as working. I thought I could fix it but can’t now.
Sounds like you're out of luck and some money... You may be able to sell it as a parts phone to recoup some of the money..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.