Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
Is anyone else getting this?

Since upgrading to an Xs and restoring from a backup, my phone asks me for my password every morning.

After some google-fu I found that I should reset the network settings on the phone, which I did.

That didn't work, and had the unpleasant side effect of making me have to manually enter all my wifi passwords (even though that sort of thing is supposed to be stored in iCloud keychain...).

Any other thoughts?

(as a point of reference, my partner went from a 5s to a 6s and restored from a backup, and went to iOS12 just like I did, and is having no such password problems)

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
Try logging out of every apple thing in settings, then log it in again.

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
I really thought I was the only one. I had to constantly do this with my X. It just one day stopped asking me. Haven't noticed this yet with my XS or XS Max, sorry to hear about this.

kriista1234

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
I updated to 12.0.1 yesterday, and although I didn't see any mention in the changelog, I woke up this morning to a lack of password prompt.

It could just be that doing a hard reset or whatever it does during an OS update fixed the problem, but thank god!

Reactions: jona2125
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.