Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blhall1981

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2014
Fort Wayne, IN
Got my new phone today and have had it plugged in and charging but battery percentage isn’t changing. Even put it on low power mode and did a hard reset but still isn’t changing. Anyone else having this issue?

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
Got my new phone today and have had it plugged in and charging but battery percentage isn’t changing. Even put it on low power mode and did a hard reset but still isn’t changing. Anyone else having this issue?

Charging with the factory charger?

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Your battery meter requires calibration. You usually won't see it on a day-to-day basis, but a first charge will be more dramatic than others. You don't need to do anything. Just let it sit and charge, it will eventually start moving. what is "0%" and "100%" will change over time, and your phone is just figuring that out on the first charge.

Give it up to 4 hours before starting to worry. 6 if you're using apple's slow charger.

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2008
Your battery meter requires calibration. You usually won't see it on a day-to-day basis, but a first charge will be more dramatic than others. You don't need to do anything. Just let it sit and charge, it will eventually start moving. what is "0%" and "100%" will change over time, and your phone is just figuring that out on the first charge.

Give it up to 4 hours before starting to worry. 6 if you're using apple's slow charger.
I cam from the 7 Plus and can't find battery %.....is it not on the XS Max because of the notch?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.