Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BiggerAL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2018
not sure if I read it anywhere yet but just want to report the issue I been experiencing on my barely a week old iPhone XS.

The phone itself I bought outright and using it on AT&T Network. Yesterday morning (7am) my phone fell into the reoccurring apple logo boot loop. I tried the volum up, down then side button and update/restore on iTunes without luck (4013 error code). Sometime around 5pm I tried the hard reset again then, perhaps it went through the loop a few times but it turned on. I noticed the battery was around 80ish %. All I did in the morning was using Lyft going to airport then using the Mobil boarding pass to get throug security. All in all should be fairly light usage.

Then around 1030 pm, it went out on the boot loop again. I did not notice the battery %. But I was talking on the phone, by my estimation should be near the 80 ish % as well.

Anybody else ran into this for the new iPhone XS or would know the cause? Could it be a bad battery causing this?

Thanks

Sparkymoto

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2014
There have been people saying their phones are restarting but not boot looping. The first week I had my max, I would take it out of my pocket and it would make me put my password instead of Face ID like it does when you restart the phone. Happened more than once so I’m waiting to see if it keeps happening and I’ll take it in if it does

BiggerAL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2018
Yes. I noticed it asked for my passcode instead of Face ID. Although, after that Face ID works fine. But at the time I didn’t think much of it. I came from an i7. So I just thought that’s how it works, it will ask for your passcode every so often. But I thought Face ID activates when a Face is locked and motion is detected? Idk. Nothing is making much sense to me until I swap the phone out. !

Reactions: Sparkymoto

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
You paid so much money for this phone, don't accept anything that's defective

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Yes. I noticed it asked for my passcode instead of Face ID. Although, after that Face ID works fine. But at the time I didn’t think much of it. I came from an i7. So I just thought that’s how it works, it will ask for your passcode every so often. But I thought Face ID activates when a Face is locked and motion is detected? Idk. Nothing is making much sense to me until I swap the phone out. !
You’ll know for sure that your phone restarted as it specifically says on the lock screen “your passcode is required to when the iPhone restarts”.

BiggerAL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2018
UPDATED: Went into Apple store this afternoon and they did their test. They told me it is a logic board issue. Swapped out a new XS in under 10 mins....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.