Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buteraz93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2019
So yesterday i placed my phone on my cousin’s nightstand table and left it to charge. When i came back i found the floor facing down on the carpet with the charger still attached. From all that i know that phone must’ve fell because there was no one there to put it on the carpet. So i checked the charging port with the cable still plugged in to check for any wiggle/wobble. I noticed that it slightly shifts from left to right when i try to move it. Nothing dramatic but little side to side movement. I wanna know if it’s normal or if i damaged the iPhone. Thanks for reading!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So yesterday i placed my phone on my cousin’s nightstand table and left it to charge. When i came back i found the floor facing down on the carpet with the charger still attached. From all that i know that phone must’ve fell because there was no one there to put it on the carpet. So i checked the charging port with the cable still plugged in to check for any wiggle/wobble. I noticed that it slightly shifts from left to right when i try to move it. Nothing dramatic but little side to side movement. I wanna know if it’s normal or if i damaged the iPhone. Thanks for reading!

Did it slightly shift from left to right before the fall happened? It’s possible there could be just some slight tolerance for side to side play, but as long as it’s properly charging when you insert the lightning cable, then I would not worry about it.

buteraz93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2019
Did it slightly shift from left to right before the fall happened? It’s possible there could be just some slight tolerance for side to side play, but as long as it’s properly charging when you insert the lightning cable, then I would not worry about it.
Unfortunately I didn’t check before the fall happened, but i checked on different iphone xs max models. Some wiggled more and some wiggled less. But I didn’t take the results into consideration because model phones keep getting roughed up by people

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Unfortunately I didn’t check before the fall happened, but i checked on different iphone xs max models. Some wiggled more and some wiggled less. But I didn’t take the results into consideration because model phones keep getting roughed up by people

I wouldn’t be concerned about it, like I said, there could be some slight tolerance with side to side play. As long as the lightning port stays connected and it’s charging normally, it shouldn’t be an issue. If anything, you could have Apple look at the phone for you if you were concerned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.