Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john991

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
anyone know if you have one physical sim and one eSim on the same iPhone Xs , can you turn one carrier off. (Preferably the eSim)

Reason I ask, is my carrier charges $7 / day to roam and I’d like to turn that default eSim off so I don’t get charged when roaming when using iOS 12.1.

Thanks

mkz168

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2014
The e-sim is not turned on atm, so don’t think we can answer any question that’s related to it yet.

EX1127

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2009
Louisiana
The e-sim is not turned on atm, so don’t think we can answer any question that’s related to it yet.
Its possible to use it on 12.1.
anyone know if you have one physical sim and one eSim on the same iPhone Xs , can you turn one carrier off. (Preferably the eSim)

Reason I ask, is my carrier charges $7 / day to roam and I’d like to turn that default eSim off so I don’t get charged when roaming when using iOS 12.1.

Thanks

I would assume you could turn it off under cellular like a normal sim, but because I don't have a esim at the moment I dont know where exactly you would turn it off at.

mkz168

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2014
Its possible to use it on 12.1.

I would assume you could turn it off under cellular like a normal sim, but because I don't have a esim at the moment I dont know where exactly you would turn it off at.

I won’t touch the beta again, after the update notification bug... but okay, can’t wait for it to be activated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.