Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Franticxtr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
Hey there,

Recently, I just switched to IOS by ditching my Galaxy S10 for iPhone XS 256 GB. I'm satisfied with the purchase however I have an issue. At the Android ecosystem, I was able to modify the size and height of the keyboard in accordance with the anatomic structure of my hands. However, I couldn't restructure the keyboard in IOS, even I tried Google G-board and Swiftkey to change the dimensions of the keyboard. Moreover, I tried to enable the 'Zoom' feature from display settings, yet faced with another failure since it is not supported at XS.

Is there any possible way to modify the size of the keyboard and the height of it? Thank you.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
What exactly are you trying to do? Change the layout of the keyboard?!

Franticxtr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
To increase the height of the keyboard and increase the size of the buttons if possible.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
To increase the height of the keyboard and increase the size of the buttons if possible.

You said you tried the zoom feature which is supposed to increase the size of the keyboard but it’s not “supported” on iPhone XS. Are you sure about this?! Zoom feature has been around for some time and is supported by all models as far as I know. What do you see in the accessibility menu?

Franticxtr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
There's Zoom section in the menu that you've mentioned yet the zoom feature is for zooming in the whole screen as a magnifying lens not for enlarging icons and buttons on the keyboard.

murad_fourth

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2019
Is this what are you looking for?

A4183B7E-726B-4801-8EDA-CFC573D3CF1B.png

Go to keyboard settings for details.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
There's Zoom section in the menu that you've mentioned yet the zoom feature is for zooming in the whole screen as a magnifying lens not for enlarging icons and buttons on the keyboard.

Ah I see. So if you want only the keyboard to increase in size then that’s not possible on any device, not just iPhone XS. There are some other keyboard arrangement options on the iPads but they’re different types.

If it’s for one handed usage then you might want to try the keyboard margin shift feature mentioned by @murad_fourth

Franticxtr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2020
Ah I see. So if you want only the keyboard to increase in size then that’s not possible on any device, not just iPhone XS. There are some other keyboard arrangement options on the iPads but they’re different types.

If it’s for one handed usage then you might want to try the keyboard margin shift feature mentioned by @murad_fourth

Thank for your replies and support. I was able to alter that at Android ecosystem unfortunately. I wasn't looking for one-handed mode by the way.

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
I tried a custom keyboard called Blink and it allowed me to change the size and position of the keyboard. There might be other ones that do what you want, but it could be worth a try.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.