Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Sister's birthday coming up. She already has 256GB iPhone X from last year, but wants an Xs MAX due to bigger size, upgraded from an 6+. She's also a big Hermes lover. Which would you get as a gift if you were in my situation? Want some input from the community.

Both the X and cheapest Hermes edition cost $1249. She doesn't have a watch yet which she also thought about buying in the past.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Nov 8, 2011
I mean, if you have money to just blow because it doesn't mean much to you, pick whatever. Personally I'd never go above the base model watch. Just buy a watch band and go with it... $600-700 saved.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
I would get her the watch I think, because she’ll upgrade that a LOT less often then her phone. Plus it has received stonking reviews.
However it is a series 0 new Apple design so.......

But even so I’d be stoked if someone gave me one as a gift, I would be excited for the phone but probably not as much as the watch.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Watch - she already has a phone.

My thoughts exactly. The X still works perfectly fine (even though she wants a Plus device). Go with the AW.

She can always sell her X to fund a purchase for the Xs Max anyway.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I would BUY the XS Max for myself, but would want a GIFT to be the watch lol. Would never spend that much for an Apple Watch for myself. But a gift? Sure lol

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
I wouldn't spend anywhere near that much money on my sister let alone my wife! But i'd go with the phone.

Appurushido

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2012
Seems like the watch is edging out over the phone. It would be nice to get her both, but I think it's a little too much for BDAY gift for one year lol. Just wanting to be the nice lil' bro and make her happy.

mrklaw

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2008
Do you definitely know which watch to go for - band and face styles? More combinations than the less personalisable phone

michaelz

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2010
LA
Sister's birthday coming up. She already has 256GB iPhone X from last year, but wants an Xs MAX due to bigger size, upgraded from an 6+. She's also a big Hermes lover. Which would you get as a gift if you were in my situation? Want some input from the community.

Both the X and cheapest Hermes edition cost $1249. She doesn't have a watch yet which she also thought about buying in the past.

Absolute the Hermes watch. $1249 for a Hermes logo is good bargain.

Chloros

Suspended
May 4, 2016
It has always shocked me how people turn to strangers to make choices like this.
Right?

I know the frustration. You came to the right place. Buy her both. You cant go wrong....right?!?!! I mean if you can afford apple products then why ask?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.