Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
This thing is beautiful, it feels heavy, sturdy, the gesture control is excellent. The camera is also amazing, a few days ago I saw a moment that would be good as a first picture to test the camera, and to hopefully use as a desktop wallpaper. Indeed, it came out great but...

After taking the photo I forgot about it for a few days, looked at it today, and my jaw dropped. Do you see it? Might need a good screen or increase brightness.. look closely, do you see it? It was a mostly cloudy night. What are the odds first picture with new phone would catch something like THIS?!

Attachments

• IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 872

Ejkjr

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
I have to admit that I love my new Xs Max. Came from the 7s Plus and the Xs is so nice. I picked up my old 7 and it just felt antiquated.

ROLLTIDE1

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
It may look good but it has major cellular reception issues ! Had 3 XS phones and all had searching for signal issues

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
It’s reflections. Lights bouncing off the lens and onto the sensor. Easy to replicate.
So far I’ve only gotten one green dot from the Max when it’s that weird internal lens flare. My Max was definitely more prone to it than my X was and my 8 Plus.

These multiple light dots make a cool looking ufo shape.

Reactions: Yun0

Yun0

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Winnipeg, Canada
What are we talking about here?

I think people are legitimately confused about what we’re supposed to be seeing in this photo. I see lights in the sky...is that it? If so, what are they?

It looked like a UFO and had me somewhat fooled enough to post, depending on ur screen/eyes/black level setting theres a outline around part of it looking like a ship hul but i guess that was the road..(?)

bungledvolley

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2017
The reflection on the pavement in the lower right section of the photo has an “SOS”, just beside the green bin.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
iPhone photos have always looked good to me. Here is a slightly surreal one I took when in hospital recovering from cancer. You can make out that I was wearing a hospital gown. This was taken on the X.

IMG_1864.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.