Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Norwegian_Imposter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 29, 2017
It wont seem to act on my requests for apple music and comes up with if you are not connected to wifi check data. I have ample data and it works fine for other requests like sending texts just not apple music. It never did this for my iphone X.

Anyone else getting this issue?

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Yep! I'm having the same issue. I just happen to talk to Apple about it and they scheduled a call with one of their advisors or whatever they're called. I love listening to music on the way to work and every single time I ask Siri to shuffle my playlist, it gives me the same message, I have to try twice and then it will do what I ask! it's so annoying. I wonder if it has to do with the whole cellular problema thats going on with the XS and XS Max because I don't get more than 2 bars and my coverage used to be amazing with my X.

simplynando

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2016
Las Vegas, Nevada
Same thing has been happening with me. I don't have CarPlay or a bluetooth system in my car (2009 car, use a car mount with ole reliable AUX cord) and I used Hey Siri for music selection with no problems on my iPhone X and older, but it doesn't seem to work with the XS Max.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2011
New York
Same issue but with my watch connected to my Max. I request some music and it just hangs. Siri will forever suck, it seems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.