Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lakercj24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
Hi,

So I picked up my new phone on Sunday and so far have been happy with it, yesterday I had 6 hours of screen time and it lasted all day,

However today my battery has been free falling! It was down to 39% by 12pm with only about an hours use. On top of this it's been quite noticeably hot as well as if it is doing something, but according to the battery settings pane nothing is using it?

Could this be some sort of indexing?

Thanks,

Chris

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Hi,

So I picked up my new phone on Sunday and so far have been happy with it, yesterday I had 6 hours of screen time and it lasted all day,

However today my battery has been free falling! It was down to 39% by 12pm with only about an hours use. On top of this it's been quite noticeably hot as well as if it is doing something, but according to the battery settings pane nothing is using it?

Could this be some sort of indexing?

Thanks,

Chris

No this is inline with the report that the Xs and XsMAX have poor LTE reception. It takes a week or so for the algorithms which regulate Cell tower reception + your useage + where you live.
So it varies. When you see your battery draining and nothing using it. That’s the CellPhone and Tower looking for reception and trying to adjust for optimal performance.

I do think we will get a Firmware Update in about 30 days.
Which needs to adjust LTE/ WiFi performance and Battery Life.

Lakercj24

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2016
No this is inline with the report that the Xs and XsMAX have poor LTE reception. It takes a week or so for the algorithms which regulate Cell tower reception + your useage + where you live.
So it varies. When you see your battery draining and nothing using it. That’s the CellPhone and Tower looking for reception and trying to adjust for optimal performance.

I do think we will get a Firmware Update in about 30 days.
Which needs to adjust LTE/ WiFi performance and Battery Life.

It seems to have sorted itself out- I can’t help thinking it was indexing... I’m in the UK and haven’t had any network issues at all but who knows maybe it was that?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.