Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFalcon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Hi there -

I wanted to get some input from the real world usage experts here.

A family friend of ours offered his mint condition iPhone XS Max with 256 gig to us for $500. The battery health is still at 95%.

I have been looking at reviews and comments on YouTube regarding the battery and several point out the battery is less than stellar especially compared to the iPhone 11 series.

I appreciate some input from actual XS Max users from this forum on how their daily battery life has been. We are not heavy users but do watch movies, social media and just browsing the web. I i

BuggyGT

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2019
I upgraded from my XS Max to 11 Pro Max in September and yes it is significantly better. Everyone has their own usage patterns so it is very hard to gauge on how many extra hours you will gain, for me I personally I would say I am experiencing 40% increased battery life based on my usage.

Below are some tests from 2 different places and you can see it is roughly 40 to 50% better battery life from the XS Max.

Annotation 2020-06-30 120317.png

Annotation 2020-06-30 120917.png

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Much like BuggyGT, I also went from a XS Max to a 11 Pro Max and I to saw a huge jump in battery life.

The XS Max typically got me through a day but the 11 Pro Max could easily do 1.5-2days.

It’s all down to your usage though, but let’s just say I could never go back to a Xs Max after experiencing the 11 Pro Max battery life.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

iFalcon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Yes...I know the 11 series is crazy good. The XS Max I felt was a very good price which is the main reason for asking. I currently have a 7 plus that does great.

MarkX

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2015
Fochabers, Scotland
Yes...I know the 11 series is crazy good. The XS Max I felt was a very good price which is the main reason for asking. I currently have a 7 plus that does great.

For £500 that’s a great price, I say go for it.

If you’re 7 plus does you then the XS Max will too. If it lasts a day that’s all you need.

Reactions: DieselFiend1989

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa

You should be good then and at a great price to! Enjoy that bad boy!

Get a Tempered Glass Screen Protector and decent case before taking it!

iFalcon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah. It's had a protector and case since day 1.
You should be good then and at a great price to! Enjoy that bad boy!

Get a Tempered Glass Screen Protector and decent case before taking it!

Reactions: Tsepz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.