Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
After Googling this, it seems to be a common problem. I'm running 12.2 IOS.

This for me just started out of nowhere yesterday morning for some reason. I'll have the phone charging - but it just won't go above 97%. I did a hard reset, once it booted up...then it showed 100%. This morning, I turned it off, waited a min., turned it back on. Again 100%. So for whatever reason right now, I use it through out the day, % goes down like it normally does. When it's time to recharge, once again it stops at 97%.

I've been using a wireless charger (Samsung, but it has worked fine since I had my 8+ in Sept. 2017)

I even had a bit of a scare last night when I went to plug the XS Max in via certified Apple wired charger, the phone screen went black and became completely unresponsive! I removed the wired lightning charger, placed it back on the Samsung charger and the screen back came on after 2 seconds. I have no idea what that was about, just ODD!

I've tried the tips from other sites, time change to manual, switch to "Low Battery Mode," so far nothing. only thing I haven't done is drain the battery all the way down to 0%, then charge up - and finally reset everything.

Anyone else having a problem, any quick fixes..is this a sign of something failing?
ugh.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.