Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vdivon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2023
Hello. I use an iPhone XS Max, but it has a problem. Every time I call or someone calls me, I can’t hear almost anything or it’s disordered. Now I found out that calling through apps like WhatsApp I don’t have any problems with the sounds.
Is it a problem of the phone or iOS?? I use iOS 17.3(It sometimes works normally)

Last edited:

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Hello. I use an iPhone XS Max, but it has a problem. Every time I call or someone calls me, I can’t hear almost anything or it’s disordered. Now I found out that calling through apps like WhatsApp I don’t have any problems with the sounds.
Is it a problem of the phone or iOS?? I use iOS 17.3
Best advice is to update to the latest iOS version (17.4.1) and then take it from there.
Also try using different speakers, is it the same phenomenon? (loudspeaker, headphones etc)

Last edited:

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
Is it a problem of the phone or iOS?? I use iOS 17.3(It sometimes works normally)
as whatsapp call doesnt have any problem that means earpiece or speaker doesnt have any problem, it might be a network operator issue or signal receiver thing in phone have problem, give a facetime audio and try

vdivon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2023
as whatsapp call doesnt have any problem that means earpiece or speaker doesnt have any problem, it might be a network operator issue or signal receiver thing in phone have problem, give a facetime audio and try
Well, I tried FaceTime and it had no problem.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Well, I tried FaceTime and it had no problem.
When you are using Whatsapp, Facetime etc you are using data, either over cellular network or Wifi. That's not the case with a regular phone call (some support wifi calling).
Is it still distorted when using other speakers such as a headset, airpods, speakerphone mode etc?
Have you updated to the latest iOS version?

Can you pinpoint it so a specific caller? Can it be a broken microphone on their end?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.