Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malu05a

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2015
There were quite a few negative reviews for the Logitech wireless charging stand on the Apple Store as people complained that it would not work with a case attached.

For anyone considering buying one, here is a little confirmation that it does in fact work with a cover (in this case the Apple Leather Case).

And just a little confirmation that is obviously doesnt work with the Apple Watch

Reactions: jimmy_uk

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Yep... have the same charger since 1 week wit a Apple Silicone case and it works without issues.
Just switched to a RhinoShield Bumper 2 days ago and it's also working perfectly.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
I can confirm that this charger works great with many cases. I have 3 different cases for the XR (Spigen, Ringke and another) and the XR charges great with all of them on.

Last edited:

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I actually really want this charger. For you owners: Does it charge in landscape and portrait? I want to ditch my Mophie pad badly.

Edit: disregard. I watched the video.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
^^^
I highly recommend it. I know there are many cheaper options these days for wireless chargers but this one looks and feels like it was made by Apple. It's dead silent, no fans like some others out there, my XR charges fairly fast on it too. I've come to really like the dim white LED which stays on while the phone is on the stand. Well worth it IMO.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
My question is how secure does you iphone max feel on this stand? Being that's there's no lip or rubber base to stop the phone from potentially "slipping" out.

I'm interested most in this stand as it can accommodate the Max and has sides on it to hopefully stop side knocks throwing phone off stand. But I'm surprised by the design having no cushioning to the stop slippage or scratches on base. And the fact that there's a hole/slit instead for the speaker? Does the hole/slit cause the phone to fall into it slightly to hold phone on base?

Also hoping for a black version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.