Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2015
I dropped 64 GB XS Max and got a crack on the screen and it and didn't have a cover and it's out of warranty, shame on me. That said, I've just purchased the 11 and I'm looking for some advice on the best way to approach selling the old one, should I get it repaired at full price and then try to sell it or just try sell it as is? Attaching a picture to show the damage. Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts on this.

Attachments

• iphone_crack.jpg
    iphone_crack.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 1,316

JML5150

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
I'm sure you can get a decent price as-is. The crack doesn't impede functionality

TimothyL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2019
Unless you can repair it yourself, you’d probably make more selling it as is

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I dropped 64 GB XS Max and got a crack on the screen and it and didn't have a cover and it's out of warranty, shame on me. That said, I've just purchased the 11 and I'm looking for some advice on the best way to approach selling the old one, should I get it repaired at full price and then try to sell it or just try sell it as is? Attaching a picture to show the damage. Thanks ahead of time for any thoughts on this.

Don’t repair it. The cost itself would probably exceed what you want to spend, so I would sell it ‘as is’. In terms of appropriate pricing, I would reference and crosscheck eBay/Swappa for devices what damaged displays are selling for, and then base your pricing on the model/storage, ect.

Reactions: ericgtr12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.