Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roykim34

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 17, 2020
Every night my iPhone sets itself in ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode. I always hated this feature because of the possibility of me missing an emergency call from a relative or something of that matter. I know you can turn that off on ‘Settings’, and obviously, I did. But, this iPhone Xs Max doesn’t seem to care about it and sets itself in ‘Do Not Disturb’ avery night. I hate this.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Every night my iPhone sets itself in ‘Do Not Disturb’ mode. I always hated this feature because of the possibility of me missing an emergency call from a relative or something of that matter. I know you can turn that off on ‘Settings’, and obviously, I did. But, this iPhone Xs Max doesn’t seem to care about it and sets itself in ‘Do Not Disturb’ avery night. I hate this.
Did you shack the schedule setting in Do Not Disturb settings to make sure that isn't set? Also, check under Bedtime settings in the Clock app as I recall there's something related to Do Not Disturb that can be set there too.

That aside, you can actually configure Do Not Disturb to allow calls from certain callers (like your favorites or even all of your contacts), and you can also set it to allow for repeated calls so that if someone calls the second time within a period of time the second call would be allowed through.

Reactions: DieselFiend1989

DieselFiend1989

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2019
I believe(maybe incorrectly) that you can also set certain contacts as “emergency contacts) in either the health app or contacts. Those selected will be allowed through do not disturb. I am certain someone can elaborate or correct me.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I believe(maybe incorrectly) that you can also set certain contacts as “emergency contacts) in either the health app or contacts. Those selected will be allowed through do not disturb. I am certain someone can elaborate or correct me.
Yes, there's an ability for that or basically to set up the ringtone for a contact to have Emergency Bypass. The potential downside with that is that it even bypasses the state the phone is in -- if you have the silent switch enabled so that calls and notifications just vibrate then this bypass will still allow the call from the contact to ring.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.