Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxou17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Istanbul
Hello,

I am sure it has been discussed several times on this forum but could not find an answer to my question...

I live in Istanbul and I have a business in France. so 2 phone numbers, one Turkish carrier (vodafone) and one French Carrier (orange). My phone is a XS Max with OS 13. I checked with Orange, they have esim.

I would like to be able to call and send texts to business contacts from Istanbul through What's app from my French number. and of course also keep my Turkish what's app. Is it possible? from what I could find on the web it looks like it, but wanted to confirm. Also do we agree my whats app from my french carrier will use mobile data from my Turkish carrier? It would be logical, but really not sure, I am not familiar having dual sim on a phone...

Thank you!

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
I use what’s app with esims, and I’ve used it in dual sim mode. Works fine. However, I don’t think what’s app allows for two numbers AFAIK. What’s app will use whatever data or wifi you’re using in your cellular settings, you’ll need to set that the way you prefer, but that doesn’t affect which number is associated with what’s app.

Reactions: akash.nu

andylel

macrumors member
May 12, 2015
I use what’s app with esims, and I’ve used it in dual sim mode. Works fine. However, I don’t think what’s app allows for two numbers AFAIK. What’s app will use whatever data or wifi you’re using in your cellular settings, you’ll need to set that the way you prefer, but that doesn’t affect which number is associated with what’s app.

This is all spot on and I can confirm that WhatsApp does not support two numbers. You can change the number but not use two at once. There are risks with that approach and you may get locked out of your account. There is some good support info on the WhatsApp site regarding this.

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
I have a similar setup - two different numbers on the same iPhone, one private and another one for business. So I also have two WhatsApp apps installed on the same iPhone - one regular and WhatsApp Business:

Both apps are nearly identical in their features, the business one allows you to put more info in your profile.

So you just link WhatsApp business to your business number (the country is irrelevant here) and bingo! Check out this awesomeness. ?

9F757FBB-0D3C-4E02-B3B4-A07E27636A02.jpeg

Once you add a second e-SIM (Orange) to your iPhone, you will be able to choose which line you want to use for the cellular data. You can also easily change it at any point from your iPhone’s settings.

PS My iPhone is linked to the French App Store, but you will get it in your iPhone’s language once you click on the link. Or you can just search for “WhatsApp business” in the App Store.

Last edited:
Reactions: loybond

maxou17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2011
Istanbul
Thank you to all of you, I think Whatsapp business and Whats app is a good solution for me.

Thanks again and have a nice week-end!

Reactions: one more
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.