Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eli38

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2018
Sometimes my iPhone XS Max freezes when I try to unlock it by typing my passcode (because FaceID doesn't work good as well) or using some app it just won't respond for about 5 seconds. Does anybody else have this issue?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Are you putting the phone close to your face? If you clasp your fingers into a fist and rest it on your nose (at least a foot away), the end of your elbow is a good distance your phone should be when unlocking it with Face ID. It could even be further too. If the first swipe up failed to authenticate with your face you can swipe up to reactivate Face ID again.

If holding further still doesn't work, you can reset Face ID. If you wear glasses or etc that can obstruct your face a lot, you can add it as an alternate face.

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
This has happened to me once, two days ago. I went to use my phone in the morning and it wouldn't come on. Didn't respond to any taps, button presses, or my attempt to restart it. It was already plugged in to the charger. I thought I was going to be returning my phone but then it came on. Hasn't happened again.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
Mine only freezes when I go into settings. I can tap on anything and it’ll work but I can’t scroll up or down. Happens at random.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.