Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boy261

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2021
I updated to ios 15 on july-august, not sure which version it was but after a couple weeks of using it the phone started to get really hot on simple apps like safari, social apps, etc. heck it even feels warm to touch (but not hot) right now writting this.

This did not usually happen in ios 14 as normally the phone would get hot only when making a facetime or whatsapp videocall which is normal.

Is anyone having the same issue with the same iphone? or maybe even iphone 11 and or X. Current version is 15.7

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Im on iOS 16, sporting an Xs max. It doesn’t get any warmer than it did in iOS 15.

Getting warm could be a function of a battery that’s going or under the covers activity such as indexing.

Boy261

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2021
Im on iOS 16, sporting an Xs max. It doesn’t get any warmer than it did in iOS 15.

Getting warm could be a function of a battery that’s going or under the covers activity such as indexing.
I can understand for it doing indexing the first couple days after the update to 15 or a 15.x release but its been going on for 2-3 months.

The things is that it gets really hot sometimes at a level as if you are playing a game with it just with something as safari or anything else that should not be intensive.

Not sure if my battery recalibrated in this version but i lost 4% of battery health since im in ios 15 (probably due to this heat) , from 82 to 78, phone was bought in September 2019. I do have to say that im using the smart battery case from apple, but i wasnt experiencing this type of heat in ios 14.

Btw How’s ios 16 going? Any prominent/annoying bugs? What about performance and/or battery?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I can understand for it doing indexing the first couple days after the update to 15 or a 15.x release but its been going on for 2-3 months.

The things is that it gets really hot sometimes at a level as if you are playing a game with it just with something as safari or anything else that should not be intensive.

Not sure if my battery recalibrated in this version but i lost 4% of battery health since im in ios 15 (probably due to this heat) , from 82 to 78, phone was bought in September 2019. I do have to say that im using the smart battery case from apple, but i wasnt experiencing this type of heat in ios 14.

Btw How’s ios 16 going? Any prominent/annoying bugs? What about performance and/or battery?
I found the max gets warm on lte watching YouTube in sunlight. That makes sense.

I’m liking iOS 16. Performance is good, battery for what it is, is the same as iOS 15. As far as bugs, nothing to write home about, but you can make up your own mind from the existing threads. Just realize ymmv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.