Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matoo69

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
Does iphone xs max have problem with 512gb storage? And problem with heat near camera?
thanks

ray6088

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2013
Restart the phone and the battery will last longer. It happens to all my phones.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The A12 processor is located below the camera. It's a known hot spot.

Matoo69

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
Hey guys,yes i know for cpu where is located but i am asking for xs max does it have some problems with heat? Hot? And does he have problems with model that have 512gb? Some problems with this model and storage? Thanks

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Hey guys,yes i know for cpu where is located but i am asking for xs max does it have some problems with heat? Hot? And does he have problems with model that have 512gb? Some problems with this model and storage? Thanks
Why would the size of storage available effect the amount of heat generated? The heat generated is directly related to what the processor is being asked to do, if your doing cpu intensive operations for long periods of time the phone will get hot. If you get your XS Max hot enough, it is designed to protect itself using various methods such as dimming the screen, etc...

Matoo69

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
Somtimes it gets not hot but warm when i using only just safari.
When i charge it its get warmer,and thats heat is just under camera,and battery is draining faster,i charge it to 100% and go to sleep after 4/5hourse When i woke up battery drop 15% wtf... this is why i ask,becouse this was first iphone with 512gb storage myb some probles this model of iphone have pls tell somting/help

Last edited:

Matoo69

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
The A12 processor is located below the camera. It's a known hot spot.
Only a12 or a11/13 also? Located in the same position?
[automerge]1590142836[/automerge]
What apps are using when you notice this heat? I have same device spec.
Safari etc... but today after hardreset no anymore wtf
[automerge]1590143039[/automerge]
Is this good?normal? the phone is almost a year and a half old battery at 95% and when i am at work i check myb in 1h for notification but i dont use phone,and i se every 30/45min i lose 1% without using phonr i get few notification,is this good? Normal? Or what?

Matoo69

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
I fix this,i hard reset and recikibration battery and now is goot but,phone get hot when fast chargining and the same time using it,but only then is this normal?

Reactions: Tsepz

elite953

macrumors regular
Mar 4, 2019
Pakistan
normally i would suggest not to use iphone while charging, it will lessen the battery life. Avoid fast charging also from 0% to 100%, however you can fast charge it from 30% to 80% on and off, but not frequently

Matoo69

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 24, 2018
Yes, phones in general will get hot if you use them while they are charging especially if fast charging.
Ok thanks
[automerge]1590327688[/automerge]
normally i would suggest not to use iphone while charging, it will lessen the battery life. Avoid fast charging also from 0% to 100%, however you can fast charge it from 30% to 80% on and off, but not frequently
Ok thanks
[automerge]1590327805[/automerge]
Thank you guys,then all good,but one more question i check with 3utools and jb systeminfo and says max battery capacity 3156mah but xs max battery capacity is 3174mah,why is that?myb somting wrong?or what? Thanks

Beyonder88

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2017
charge as you use no issue. The battery will stay healthier. Mine is still 100%. Key is to charge as often. Even plug it in whole day if possible.

don’t half charge or 3/4 charge or limit the charge to a %. Those are rubbish. All my phones stay plugged to charger whenever possible.

lowest I went was 2.5 years and battery was still 99%.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.