Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2014
Just got my iPhone sim-free. Currently with AT&T no contract for a long time. I simply took my sim out of my current iPhone X into the new iPhone Xs Max (hasn't been turned on). THEN turned it on, worked like a charm. Assuming I did the steps right with me putting in the sim BEFORE turning it on, will I get hit with an activation fee? Furthermore, will there be any other fee's involved or do I have to do something on the AT&T account to let them know I have a new phone now? Also, anyone else found it weird that you have to insert the sim upside-down? Threw me for a loop and thought I had a defective sim tray for a second.

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Did the phone still asked you the account information? I'm trying to figure out the activation process, only difference is that my phone is the ATT model, and yours was the SIM free.

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 28, 2014
Did the phone still asked you the account information? I'm trying to figure out the activation process, only difference is that my phone is the ATT model, and yours was the SIM free.
Nope didn't ask for any account information. A screen did pop up saying that it was in progress of activating which was only a few seconds and then that was it. It was activated. I was able to make/receive calls/texts like normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.