Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plx32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Paris, France
Hello,

I got my iPhone Xs Max last week and the wireless charging seems quite slow on my unit.

It's like it's charging at 5W speed instead of 7.5W speed like on the iPhone X I had before.
I use a mophie wireless charging base.

The charging speed is roughly the same as the wired 5W charger : 5% every 10 minutes

In 30 minutes charging, I only get 15% battery, whereas it was closer to 20% on my iPhone X (as far as I can remember).

I still get 50% in 30 minutes when I use a USB-C 29W charger.

Also my unit gets very warm when charging wirelessly.

Is this normal or should I be concerned ?

Plx32

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2009
Paris, France
Yes I realise that, but my point is that wireless charging speed is very close to that of the 5W wired charger included in the box.

If it charges at 7.5W speed, it should be slightly faster.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Yes I realise that, but my point is that wireless charging speed is very close to that of the 5W wired charger included in the box.

If it charges at 7.5W speed, it should be slightly faster.

Okay, but you are comparing it to an X with a smaller battery, it won't charge faster than an X. 20% in 30 minutes on an X is different then the Max. To try to answer your question, I don't know. I wireless charge at night, so I don't keep track of how long it takes, sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.