Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sputnik77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2018
I rented and downloaded The Post on iTunes and am experiencing a lot of slowing down (or micro slowing down). Same problem with Bade Runner 2049. I can watch trailers on iTunes without issue. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking about returning the phone and buying it once Apple figures out if it's a hardware or software issue.

Cap’n Stevie

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2018
Same issue. Spent two hours chatting to Apple support. No idea or awareness of the issue, but very patient and attentive all the same. Still working with them on the issue so we’ll see what happens. Pretty darn sloppy though.

Lower res content seems OK. What I “experience” feels almost like a rendering bottleneck, or display delay. Almost like the processor or display mechanics can’t keep up with the data being received.

Applies to local and streaming media in TV app when using HD 4K content. HD on it’s own and “standard” def seems to be better, but it’s very subjective.

Netflix, again, “seemed” OK but my hut says it was not quite right. Amazon the same... HD stuff recorded on my 7plus just weeks ago was fine, regular, slo mo, and time lapse all OK.

Will try and update as and when I get any news.

Alhagar

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2015
I’m experiencing this on HBO Now app now, which is not 4K or, as far as I know, HDR.

UKapple73

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
I’m experiencing this on HBO Now app now, which is not 4K or, as far as I know, HDR.
On the other thread on this the problem seems to be with 24p content and not only hdr. I’ve had some success turning off auto brightness

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Dont people here search the forum before creating new one on the same subject?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.