Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redhawk87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Hello all!

When I first got my iPhone XS with iOS 12.0, I never saw any of the issues that others had seen with LTE connectivity. Ever since I upgraded to iOS 12.1 (which supposedly fixed the bug) I am now seeing some intermittent issues. It has only happened a couple of times though. Once I was driving and stopped at a light. I saw I had no service. No LTE, 3G, GSM etc. I just switched airplane mode off and on and I got LTE and GSM back! All without moving. A similar thing happened at my work where I always get excellent service. I looked at my phone and I only had 'E' (EVDO/2G). I did the same thing as last time and got my LTE back.

Are there others out there still with this issue?

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
I am also on 12.1 with T-Mobile on my XS. The issues I have seen a couple of times in the past few days is 4 or 5 bars of signal strength on LTE and no warnings of any kind, but no Internet connectivity on either my phone or my LTE S3 watch (also on T-Mobile). I even restarted my phone and it made no difference - still 4 or 5 bars, still no Internet. I've never experienced that on any of my previous phones.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
I am also on 12.1 with T-Mobile on my XS. The issues I have seen a couple of times in the past few days is 4 or 5 bars of signal strength on LTE and no warnings of any kind, but no Internet connectivity on either my phone or my LTE S3 watch (also on T-Mobile). I even restarted my phone and it made no difference - still 4 or 5 bars, still no Internet. I've never experienced that on any of my previous phones.

Have you called TMobile ? What did they say.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Not on an XS, but seeing something similar on an 8 on ATT. Similar symptoms as KeepCalmPeople reports.

Have full bars, but no data. Reboot fixes. Maybe happens once a week (I only see due to pulling up GasBuddy app as I drive by my usual gas stations, and that's when I see the app get connectivity issues, when the majority of the time, strong signal and no issues connecting using the app [and minutes later, when on wifi, no issues with app, so, working assumption of it's the phone on LTE]).

This might have sprung up for me in 12.0.1, as I recall seeing this once before the 12.1 update rolled out.

potentmf

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2016
Thank God!! I thought I was bugging. I have the X and have had connectivity issues starting two weeks ago. I'd be on IG and all of sudden everything would go blank. I've since restarted the phone a couple of times in the past week, so far so good.

Papester

macrumors newbie
Dec 30, 2012
Hello all!

When I first got my iPhone XS with iOS 12.0, I never saw any of the issues that others had seen with LTE connectivity. Ever since I upgraded to iOS 12.1 (which supposedly fixed the bug) I am now seeing some intermittent issues. It has only happened a couple of times though. Once I was driving and stopped at a light. I saw I had no service. No LTE, 3G, GSM etc. I just switched airplane mode off and on and I got LTE and GSM back! All without moving. A similar thing happened at my work where I always get excellent service. I looked at my phone and I only had 'E' (EVDO/2G). I did the same thing as last time and got my LTE back.

Are there others out there still with this issue?

Same issue here, we have 3 XS iPhones in the house and they all experience this on Verizon. My wife's phone has been replaced by Apple and has had the SIM card replaced. Neither resolved the issue of complete network connectivity dropping or failure to switch between WIFI and Cellular. None of us had this with our previous generation iPhones .

Reactions: potentmf
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.