Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Seralecs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
Hi guys,

Bought an Iphone Xs this weekend from NY, America and I opened it at my arrival in Europe. I was surprised to see that it had a scratch, more like a chip in the left frame between the screen and the actual frame out of the box.

What are my possibilities to change it considering the fact that I do not have an apple store in my country, only authorized resellers ?

I am a huge apple fan but for such a price i would expect a better quality control from their side.

Thank you.
WhatsApp Image 2018-09-25 at 10.58.00.jpeg

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Just curious.

Is there/was there, a customs reason that you didn't open the phone here in the States versus flying across the pond with it first?
[doublepost=1537869361][/doublepost]And I would try to sell it for top dollar if resellers aren't willing to take it...

Seralecs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2018
Just curious.

Is there/was there, a customs reason that you didn't open the phone here in the States versus flying across the pond with it first?
[doublepost=1537869361][/doublepost]And I would try to sell it for top dollar if resellers aren't willing to take it...

Hi Steve,

It was a present so that is why I did not want to open it. Also it was bought right before departure.
I bought my Iphone 8 last year the same way from a different store and everything was ok so I didn't think that would be necessary to open it right there in the store.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Hi Steve,

It was a present so that is why I did not want to open it. Also it was bought right before departure.
I bought my Iphone 8 last year the same way from a different store and everything was ok so I didn't think that would be necessary to open it right there in the store.
Gotcha.
Ya, those scratches are not what you want to see.

I would think authorized stores would help you since I don't think Apple is in the same boat as a company like ScubaPro and how they handle "Grey Market" products here in the US.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.