Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

graffixnyc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
ÜT: 40.757618,-73.790043
Has anyone experienced this? It's happening on my Xs when I do a hard reset (vol up, down power) It's not doing it on my girlfriend's Xs. I get these dash lines in the middle of the screen sometimes and other times blue dash lines on the right side of the screen

I'm thinking of taking it to Apple to get an exchange for a full retail unit since I'm still within my return period. Does anyone know if an Apple store that doesn't have it available for purchase will have new retail units set aside for exchanges? I noticed none of the stores in NYC have the White/Silver Xs in 256GB for purchase, but hope they have some stock set aside for issues like this where they need to exchange them(I don't want to get a Genius bar white box unit 6 days after owning the device and would prefer a new retail until)

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
While using those triggers, put the device into DFU and restore. After restore, try it again. Then, return the device and buy a new one. Check Apple stores since most have 256-512 in stocks than 64GB.

Reactions: graffixnyc

graffixnyc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
ÜT: 40.757618,-73.790043
While using those triggers, put the device into DFU and restore. After restore, try it again. Then, return the device and buy a new one. Check Apple stores since most have 256-512 in stocks than 64GB.

Did the DFU reset/restore and it still does it. It also doesn't look like any of the stores around me have the silver 256gb in stock for purchase. I'm headed to the Apple store now. Hopefully they have some retail units set aside for exchanges, if not then I'll fully return it. If they want me to see the Geniuses I'm not hearing that as I'm not going to sit around waiting for them so I'll ask for a full retail exchange, if they don't have any in stock, then I'll just return it and repurchase it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.