Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lion_Mini_Yosemite_rMBP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2018
Nashville, TN
So yesterday morning I had unfortunately slept through my alarm and missed an appointment (wasn’t a required meeting, thank goodness) but I thought this was odd, as I have never missed/slept through an alarm that I had used on my iPhone. Afterwards when I was using my phone with the mute switch set to off (sound on), no noise was coming from the device at all while I ensured the volume was all the way up (no lock/unlock sounds, media sounds from multiple different applications i.e. YouTube, Spotify, when the volume was on full blast) I thought this was odd, so I set a 1 minute timer on my phone. When it went off, the timer screen appeared but a very faint consistent crackle and static sound was coming from the speakers; this was so quiet, I had to hold it up to my ear to hear it at all. Once I turned my device off and back on again, everything went back to normal, but I had the same issue this morning with quiet static coming from my phone instead of my alarm tone and am now having to rely on a traditional alarm clock. Is this a known issue with iOS 12.2?

Apple Support online chat's official position was "Fingers crossed that it stays the way it is now." after mentioning the sound came back the first time after restarting my phone, but the issue resurfaced this morning.

Reactions: joeyconnick
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.