Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12 Pro or 13?

• 12 Pro

Votes: 1 9.1%

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
Currently I have an iPhone XS as the title states and I’m debating upgrading to either the 12 Pro or 13. Main reason I wanna upgrade is due to the improved battery life and added features of the newer models. What would y’all do if you were in my place? Upgrade to the 12 Pro or 13? I know it’s ultimately a decision I’ll have to make, but I’m eager to hear any feedback or reasoning as to why I should do one or the other. Thanks!

CMoore515

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2015
Des Moines, IA
Personally, I'd always go for the newest phone series in this scenario; this being the 13. Not only would I benefit from any upgrade over the XS let alone the 12 but I'd also get an extra year of software support.

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
Why not get a battery replacement on your XS and then keep going for another year or two to get a more sizable jump for your money?
I did consider that but I’m having ram issues with my phone and I think I would benefit from the bigger battery, more ram, and processor upgrade. Plus I really enjoy getting a new phone haha.

• Haha
Reactions: mtneer

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
Personally, I'd always go for the newest phone series in this scenario; this being the 13. Not only would I benefit from any upgrade over the XS let alone the 12 but I'd also get an extra year of software support.
I’m really tempted to. But I only plan to keep whatever phone I get till the notchless iPhone comes out (unless of course there is a considerable price jump that year). Do you really think the baseline 13 is better than the 12 Pro? Of course it’s newer and has some more features but the 12 Pro has more camera functionality imo, such as the ability to shoot in RAW.

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
I did consider that but I’m having ram issues with my phone and I think I would benefit from the bigger battery, more ram, and processor upgrade. Plus I really enjoy getting a new phone haha.
The 13 has the same 4GB as the XS. Only the pro has 6GB

Reactions: theapplehead

theapplehead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 17, 2018
North Carolina
The 13 has the same 4GB as the XS. Only the pro has 6GB
It could also be the processor that I'm having trouble with. Hard to really say for sure but I'm still inclined to potentially upgrade if it will help. I looked into the 12 Pro a bit more and it seems as if there was very little, if any, improvement on battery from the XS. That said, I'm really looking closely at the 13 now given its roughly 3000 mah battery capacity.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.