Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KriStellar26

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
I got this phone on Friday and I’ve been noticing that ever since switching from my 8+, random videos (specifically on Facebook) will suddenly stop playing. I have no way to get them to start again. If I continue to press play it tells me to check my connection. There is nothing wrong with my connection. I did a speed test when it first happened, I was getting 25 Mbps. This did not happen once on my 8+. Is anyone else experiencing this with their XS or XS Max?

dazz87

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
I believe others are having Wifi slow down too on top of data slow down.

KriStellar26

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Great. That stinks because I do really like this phone. I wonder if it’s hardware or software. Because if it’s hardware it’d make more sense to return.

Cayden

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2014
Utah
I’ve actually noticed this too, particularly with Facebook videos. I haven’t had any other WiFi or cellular problems as described in the thread, just with Facebook videos, so I don’t think it’s the same issue as described in the linked thread

KriStellar26

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
I’ve actually noticed this too, particularly with Facebook videos. I haven’t had any other WiFi or cellular problems as described in the thread, just with Facebook videos, so I don’t think it’s the same issue as described in the linked thread

I kinda hope not. Because so far I am not experiencing any other issues. Calls are clear, LTE works great. So maybe it’s a FB bug.

khaleesioniphone

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2018
I got this phone on Friday and I’ve been noticing that ever since switching from my 8+, random videos (specifically on Facebook) will suddenly stop playing. I have no way to get them to start again. If I continue to press play it tells me to check my connection. There is nothing wrong with my connection. I did a speed test when it first happened, I was getting 25 Mbps. This did not happen once on my 8+. Is anyone else experiencing this with their XS or XS Max?
Hi, I've been having this issue too. Have you found any solution to this?

sdwaltz

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Indiana
I’ll chime in just for the sake of saying I’ve run into this too a few times.

Everything else works great but occasionally FB videos will do this. Curveball: maybe it’s something wrong with the FB app?

I’m on an XS Max.

KriStellar26

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Hi, I've been having this issue too. Have you found any solution to this?
Nope, nothing yet. But then again, I haven't installed the latest update. And it only seems to happen with very few videos. For me actually, it's videos from one single page lately (on FB only).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.