Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What should I choose?

• Get an apple watch series 4

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Upgrade to a Xs

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Upgrade to a X and save the money

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

areskins

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2016
Hello, Im new here and I just want your opinion on what should I buy. Im currently a medical student who doesn’t really do workouts (lol I need to get healthier). I dont really have close friend or family that has an apple watch to really know what the day to day use of it outside workouts.

1.Should I get an apple watch series 4 and what can I use it for other than tracking my heartrate or exercise stuff?
2. Or should I just upgrade my iphone 7 plus to an iphone Xs?
3. Also is it better to just get the regular iphone X (still availble here in my country) instead of the Xs and save the money?

Thanks!

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
All of your questions would vary subjectively depending on your needs.

1. Other than the fitness stuff  watch can help with glanceable notifications and quick responses without having to deal with your phone.

2. The purpose of a full featured smartphone compared to the watch are completely different so if you’re longing for the new design then just buy the phone. You definitely will use it more.

3. At this point I’d recommend the Xs just because it’s got updated internals & a better camera. Unless you can land an awesome deal on the X.

Oreon

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2011
If you are not considering the max me personally I’d buy an iPhone X and the series 3 Apple Watch, could probably get both for the same price as the Xs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.