Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2020
Hey guys,

After 2 years with Samsung S8 I'm ready to go back to the dark side. I'm leaning towards the iPhone XS because of the huge price difference in my country (Sweden) but I'd really like your pros/cons to this.

Prices below from one of Sweden's largest electronics retailer:
  • iPhone XS 64gb = 781$
  • iPhone 11 Pro 64gb = 1304$

What do you think?

Last edited:

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Depends on your funds availability, really. My personal experience with the XS was absolutely horrible and the 11 Pro is far and away my favorite iPhone ever.

In other words, if you have the money go for the 11 Pro.

Septembersrain

Cancelled
Dec 14, 2013
I bought an XS, then an 11, now I'm using a Pro Max.

The XS sounded terrible. The reception was horrid. The 11 was okay but I also didn't like the sound quality. Unfortunately I didn't try the regular Pro before jumping to the Pro Max (I just decided to go all in for the battery life) but I think if it were me, I'd go with the Pro.

baconroll

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2010
I got the XS 3 weeks ago coming from an 8 plus. I’m more than happy with it plus it was £400 cheaper to buy outright than the 11 pro. Was £629 with a 2yr guarantee. Had no problems with it at all. Sound quality is great. No signal issues and battery lasts me almost 2 days. Very happy with it. So I’d say yes go with XS.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
I would be getting the Pro if you like the 5.8" size, it's the best and could be the last version of the 5.8" iPhone. Like how the 8 became after 6,6s,7.

Reactions: DevinNj

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
That's a great price on the XS, but I will say after having the 11 Pro, the battery life is fantastic. I'd go for the Pro myself, that is if funds will allow it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.