Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RitaSweete

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2021
I keep my iPhone in my pocket sometimes when I’m not using it which is rare. I take it out most of the time by the right top corner. It shows the icon meter of how much charge is remaining. If I leave my finger on it for a few seconds it shows the large icon shows up in the middle of the screen. The only way to get rid of it is to restart my device. Anyone else noticed this bug?

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
I don’t think this has ever happened to me in my life. The natural way to place your phone in your pocket is to have it bottom up so that would never happen.

tedley

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2009
Sacramento
I don’t think this has ever happened to me in my life. The natural way to place your phone in your pocket is to have it bottom up so that would never happen.
So she's holding it wrong?!? Seriously!?!?!

I see the larger icon when I press and hold one of the icons across the top of the screen, but it disappears immediately when I remove my finger. Maybe a bug, have you updated your iOS lately? Could also be a setting. This is a weird one.

Reactions: Reggaenald

RitaSweete

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2021
Well it has happened to me several times. I have shown it to my husband. I always have it in my pocket screen facing in toward my body to protect it from bumping into something. I have tried to replicate it to attach a screen shot with no luck. Next time it happens I will.

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
So she's holding it wrong?!? Seriously!?!?!

I see the larger icon when I press and hold one of the icons across the top of the screen, but it disappears immediately when I remove my finger. Maybe a bug, have you updated your iOS lately? Could also be a setting. This is a weird one.
I am unable to reproduce the issue. I use a 12 Mini though so it may only be an issue relevant to the Pro.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Where’s the ?? button when I need it.
That doesn’t seem possible.
Just because it doesn’t happen to you and you can’t think it possible doesn’t mean it is not possible. I’ve had things happen on my iPhone and Mac I to this day could swear had to break the Matrix.
Bruh. First off, shush, a phone itself isn’t natural, neither are pants or their interaction with each other or our hands and fingers. Second off, shush, just because you use your phone a certain way doesn’t mean every single person on this planet has to do it the same way. I do both ??, and sometimes with the screen on the inside, sometimes on the outside. Whatcha gonna say about that?
Also, ‘this has never happens in your life’ doesn’t really say anything. Notched iPhones haven’t been around for that long, or are you 5?

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
Where’s the ?? button when I need it.

Just because it doesn’t happen to you and you can’t think it possible doesn’t mean it is not possible. I’ve had things happen on my iPhone and Mac I to this day could swear had to break the Matrix.

Bruh. First off, shush, a phone itself isn’t natural, neither are pants or their interaction with each other or our hands and fingers. Second off, shush, just because you use your phone a certain way doesn’t mean every single person on this planet has to do it the same way. I do both ??, and sometimes with the screen on the inside, sometimes on the outside. Whatcha gonna say about that?
Also, ‘this has never happens in your life’ doesn’t really say anything. Notched iPhones haven’t been around for that long, or are you 5?

I don’t give a damn how you use your phone. It is more natural to place your phone bottom-up in your pocket as it requires less wrist movement. If someone wants to do things differently, that’s up to them.

Either way, there are problems on iOS that are non-reproducible and I have encountered bugs like everyone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.