Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snifferpro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I'm thinking of upgrading to an Iphone 14 and have questions on dual sim support in the US.

1. It is my understanding that I can have a NANO sim card (primary) and an Esim. Is that correct?
2. If i start with a NANO sim and add an esim later can the esim have a different phone number?
3. If in the future I upgrade phones again, is the Esim portable to a new phone?
4. What are the caveats to having dual Sims?

I may have more questions as I learn more about the Iphone14 and dual sims.

Thank you in advance.

VineRider

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2018
If you buy the phone in the US, it is ESIM only, but you can have 2 ESIM's active at the same time.

Each ESIM has it's own number

You can transfer ESIM to a new phone easily during the new phone setup process (iPhone)

Articles here gives some more information

Apple_Tiger

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2023
I'm thinking of upgrading to an Iphone 14 and have questions on dual sim support in the US.

1. It is my understanding that I can have a NANO sim card (primary) and an Esim. Is that correct?
2. If i start with a NANO sim and add an esim later can the esim have a different phone number?
3. If in the future I upgrade phones again, is the Esim portable to a new phone?
4. What are the caveats to having dual Sims?

I may have more questions as I learn more about the Iphone14 and dual sims.

Thank you in advance.
1. That is correct as long as you buy the iphone 14 that has the the physical sim tray (Not in US)
2. Yes
3. Yes it is transferable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.