Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Here is a video just uploaded today by myjailbreakmovies (obviously an Apple fans channel) talking about ways iOS could improve mirroring Android:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB0dkaCAYZ8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Even this guy considers widgets to be useful (I have my rss in my homescreen too). Nowadays smartphones require bigger screens and such things to improve productivity.

https://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/2...-market-slides-as-samsung-continues-to-surge/

Samsung has more market share this year and ships more phones.

Reading that thread you can see many people from this forum claiming the same thing as some of us do: iOS is falling behind and Apple needs to wake up. Not the iPhone itself, which I think has great quality apart from a incomprehensible small screen.

And let me tell you something: I dislike Samsung. With so many shipments and market share they could offer better support in updates and optimazation.

Last edited:

nickchallis92

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2012
London
I think criticising samsung for updates is unfair. It's a reputation they seem to have unfairly earnt. As an owner of the s1, the s2 and now the s3, it's fair to say they've always released updates. They may focus less on the non-flagship phones but what manufacturer doesnt?

It's also very unfair to compare them to apple in that regard as apple only have 5 phones.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
The S3 is only one of several high end Android phones compete against the iPhone 5. If the goal is to determine future market share you would need to include all of those phones as well (some of which haven't been announced yet like the iPhone 5.)

If Apple can sell 100 million mildly refreshed iPhone 4's (i.e., the 4S) there's no doubt they'll sell boatloads of iPhone 5's.
Yep, and I'd like to see these graphs with the next Nexus phone added to them... Especially after Google reinforcing the brand with the Nexus 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.