Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nbnewcar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2015
Hello all,
My friend just got an iPhone 6 not too long ago on AT&T. When he goes into the keyboard shortcut settings in the phone it keeps adding new ones that he did not add himself. If I delete the shortcuts, a few days later they are back again. He is running ios9 public beta. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Thanks,
Nbnewcar

rzc16512

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2015
Hello all,
My friend just got an iPhone 6 not too long ago on AT&T. When he goes into the keyboard shortcut settings in the phone it keeps adding new ones that he did not add himself. If I delete the shortcuts, a few days later they are back again. He is running ios9 public beta. Does anyone know why this would be happening?

Thanks,
Nbnewcar

If he is sharing an iCloud account I believe they sync between all devices logged into the same iCloud account or at least mine sync between my Mac and iPhone.

Nbnewcar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 1, 2015
If he is sharing an iCloud account I believe they sync between all devices logged into the same iCloud account or at least mine sync between my Mac and iPhone.
Thanks for the quick reply! He told me that he is going to change the password to his iCloud account and to make sure it logs out any family members that might be sharing his account without his permission. Hopefully it solves the issue

Thanks again,
Nbnewcar

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Thanks for the quick reply! He told me that he is going to change the password to his iCloud account and to make sure it logs out any family members that might be sharing his account without his permission. Hopefully it solves the issue

Thanks again,
Nbnewcar

Could also be a bug in the iOS 9 Public Beta.

Reactions: MacNerd1239
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.