Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindajoseph873

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2015
Hawaii
I have an iPhone 6 and it's currently stuck in an endless loop of turning on and off. It's happened before a couple times but it usually sorts itself out in like a minute. I've tried resetting it with the home and power button. The storage is close to being full but that's the only thing I can think of that could be causing this. Few days ago, it automatically sorted that and till yesterday it was working fine. But now, it is again having same problem. My current location is Hawaii and people here suggested me to visit places like TCAWireless and few other stores. I don't know what to do. Should I visit? or is there any solution for this? Please help.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
My iPhone 6 does something similar when the battery is low, I just let it charge for an hour or so and then it seems to work ok

Might need a new battery

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I have an iPhone 6 and it's currently stuck in an endless loop of turning on and off. It's happened before a couple times but it usually sorts itself out in like a minute. I've tried resetting it with the home and power button. The storage is close to being full but that's the only thing I can think of that could be causing this. Few days ago, it automatically sorted that and till yesterday it was working fine. But now, it is again having same problem. My current location is Hawaii and people here suggested me to visit places like TCAWireless and few other stores. I don't know what to do. Should I visit? or is there any solution for this? Please help.

I would also believe it might have something do with your battery, which you can use coconut battery if you have a MacBook or Apple can conduct a free battery test to determine the health of the battery.

Otherwise, its possible your logic board is failing if the phone is powering off intermittently.

Reactions: akash.nu

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

I think Apple can do a diagnostic remotely, even while in Hawaii. Guess there is no Apple store near by?

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010
What IOS are you on? I was on 9.2.1 and everything was fine and it somehow updated to 11.2.5, I swear I hit NO, but it did, not the phone sucks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.