Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwdebes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
anyone tried this yet ??

would like to know if works well before trying..

i have the link for the 0.3.3 download if anyone want..

anyone who used share here.. cant wait to try and get ringtones...

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
Do you have a link to it? What is it?

To a large degree, I've sworn off reading iPhone news, so I'm not 100% sure what this iPhoneInterface is...

rwdebes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
The iphone interface is not yet available in the svn. Thus, the average Joe cannot even attempt to put ringtones on the phone as the current release iphone interface will not do this.

i have the version u can do that.. 0.3.3 and have 2 friends who did it, and i saw.

being talking with a lot of people on #iphone.. and thats was already confirmed.

Djmx

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
the latest is 0.2.3... hang out in the #iphone irc chat u learn a lot! i am! :D

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
i have the link for the 0.3.3 download if anyone want..

Did you activate your phone via alternative methods? Do you realize the consequences of performing the action? Do you understand that the current version doesn't allow you to break out of the chroot jail (there's a separate tool to do this), because the command doesn't yet exist? Do you know how to move the files over? Is your iPhone a toy?

If the answer to any of these questions is no, then you probably should wait until a feature complete tool comes out. It'd be far better if you didn't share the program, because according to those making it, it's not ready for public consumption. In fact, even if the answer is yes, you should probably still wait.

And for the record, ewe is not you in the sense that "u" think it is.

epochblue said:
To a large degree, I've sworn off reading iPhone news, so I'm not 100% sure what this iPhoneInterface is...

It's a shell front-end for the iPhone that the user can run when it's connected via the USB dock. With it, in its completed state, it'll allow the user access to the filesystem. There is a chroot'd jail, which is basically the iPod stuff, but with a few extra steps -- whose functions are broken on OS X -- the user has complete access to the filesystem.

The operation to break out of the jail makes the iPhone appear to iTunes as having a capacity of 256 megabytes, and disallows syncing due to a symlink issue. To my knowledge, this issue can't be resolved with the current set of tools. The only way to repair that is to do a restore which then loses any customizations to the filesystem.

rwdebes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
do u know if the people who did it still have the ability to sync with itunes? if so point me in the direction of this new version and ill give it a go for myself!

no you cant sync. u need to restore the iphone , and lose all u did.

the 2 guys i know didn sync the iphone to keep the new ringtones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.