Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
New York
So, I asked this question in the battery-gate thread, be maybe it’ll get more views here.

Does anyone have an iPhone that is running its original software, like an iPhone SE on iOS 9, etc.?

I’m curious if the devices are running slower without updating or at the same speed? If Apple’s claim is true as to why they slow down devices, then older phones with degraded batteries would also slow down. If they aren’t slowing down, then Apple is lying to get people to buy new phones.

xboxbml

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
As far as we know, they didn’t start doing it till iOS 10. Something..

Rayy42

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
As far as we know, they didn’t start doing it till iOS 10. Something..

This is tough to believe because when I had my 6 Plus and was working fine w/ iOS 9, as soon as I went to iOS 10 s*** started hitting the fan.

To be honest even thought I love my current 8 Plus, if I didn’t update the software, I’d still have my 6 Plus.

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
It all started when 10 came out, and it's even more suspicious because that's when they stopped apps from reading battery info too. Prior to 10 you could see your battery cycle and health from various apps.

rillrill

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2011
New York
This is tough to believe because when I had my 6 Plus and was working fine w/ iOS 9, as soon as I went to iOS 10 s*** started hitting the fan.

To be honest even thought I love my current 8 Plus, if I didn’t update the software, I’d still have my 6 Plus.

Right, or I guess swap out your battery on the old 6 plus. Did you take it to Apple, or did you just think yr phone is old and dying?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.