Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BATTERY LIFE iPhone X’s Max

• 12 hours

• 10- 11 hours

• 9 hours

• 8 hours

• LESS THAN 8 hours

Results are only viewable after voting.

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
About the same as my 8+, maybe a little less. Easily enough to get me through a day with plenty still left over.

sjperformance

macrumors 68000
Oct 7, 2013
Miami 305
Better than the X. Heavily use my phone for work and what not. Off charger at 6 am. Around 4 pm X around 30-40 percent left. Mind you this is with hooking up to charge while driving during lunch or errands. Max today off charger at 6 am. Around 4:40pm at 44 percent with never hooking up to charge during day. Yup I’m satisfied with battery life on the Max.

Xangelkiller

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I’m at 13 hours today with 27% left. It’s actually been a heavier use day too (safari, email, conference calls and some reddit reading during breaks) at work. I purposefully didn’t charge since 7:15am this morning to see how well the battery faired. Pretty happy with those results.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I’m at 13 hours today with 27% left. It’s actually been a heavier use day too (safari, email, conference calls and some reddit reading during breaks) at work. I purposefully didn’t charge since 7:15am this morning to see how well the battery faired. Pretty happy with those results.

16 hours and it's at 24% today. Definitely longer then my 8 plus
Are those hours basically since the phone was removed from charger (the "old" standby time)? Or actual usage time (a bit hard to imagine 16 hours of actual usage in a single day).

Reactions: Xangelkiller

tonybarnaby

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2017
Are those hours basically since the phone was removed from charger (the "old" standby time)? Or actual usage time (a bit hard to imagine 16 hours of actual usage in a single day).
No phone on earth can get 16h screen on time if youre actually using it. This person means usage (6am til 10pm) or something.

Xangelkiller

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
I mean screen on time is part of the bigger battery picture. If we’re looking at just that, I’m at 8.5 hours screen time with 17% left. This isn’t meant to be scientific since everyone’s usage varies, but today has been a heavier than normal use day and I’m still going after 15+ hours. Still pretty good by phone screen on standards.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I mean screen on time is part of the bigger battery picture. If we’re looking at just that, I’m at 8.5 hours screen time with 17% left. This isn’t meant to be scientific since everyone’s usage varies, but today has been a heavier than normal use day and I’m still going after 15+ hours. Still pretty good by phone screen on standards.
So basically 8.5 hours of usage (which would really be screen on and screen off time together) from the last 15+ hours of standby (as it used to be called in previous iOS versions), which is essentially since the last time the phone was charged?

How are you getting the screen on (and off) time since the last charge? Adding up separate hours since the last charge, or some other way?

Reactions: blulegend

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
12 hours with no problem.. this is a mix of video, email, texting, surfing, reviewing social media and WW, along with talking on the phone (which I used for conference calls while traveling, these usually last an hour or more at a time). I am satisfied!

blulegend

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
I just added up my screen on time since taking it off the charger and only got 6:21 with 17% left. The apple battery settings shows screen on time for the past 24 hours so this inflates it a lot.

I’ve had the phone for 3 days now. Usage in order of % is a mix of hangouts, Reddit, safari, messages, gmail, yelp, photos, Instagram, Reuter’s, Allo and some other minor contributors. No video or music. Screen brightness set to about 50% on auto brightness. On WiFi the whole time in my own house.

This doesn’t seem like much but it’s definitely more than my iPhone X which only had 92% capacity left. But it also seems like less than quoted by far. Extrapolating to 0% battery left it would get me about 7:39 only.

Xangelkiller

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
So basically 8.5 hours of usage (which would really be screen on and screen off time together) from the last 15+ hours of standby (as it used to be called in previous iOS versions), which is essentially since the last time the phone was charged?

How are you getting the screen on (and off) time since the last charge? Adding up separate hours since the last charge, or some other way?
Here’s a screenshot. Should help clarify.

Attachments

• 3CCF238B-4CFA-45EF-8233-BE4769757D41.png
    3CCF238B-4CFA-45EF-8233-BE4769757D41.png
    515.8 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: C DM and blulegend

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Took it off the charger at 8:00am it’s now 10:00pm and still at 30%
While that's at least not bad most likely, it's hard to say what it really is without the usage numbers given that maybe it was all very light usage through that day in which case that's not that good, or it could have been heavy usage for most of the day, in which case that very good.

DemonBob

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2010
Bolton, NC
While that's at least not bad most likely, it's hard to say what it really is without the usage numbers given that maybe it was all very light usage through that day in which case that's not that good, or it could have been heavy usage for most of the day, in which case that very good.

Screen time is showing 7h 37m of total usage, which includes 2 hours of calls with streaming to MFI hearing aids via Bluetooth and 4 hours of social media/safari/reddit facebook video's. 20 minutes of waze and an hour of Pandora/Waze

Pickups 119
Notifications 267

Not super heavy usage but I do work all day. Considering i'm coming from a iphone 7+ that required a mophie juice pack air to make it through the day, I am extremely happy.

Now that the phone has been broken in, i'll see how it does when i have a day off.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Now that we’ve had the Max for a week , hows your battery life???!!!!

clarencek

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2008
Great. I found the biggest drain was screen time so I turned that off. Now my Max easily lasts all day without having to be plugged in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.