Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zongww

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 12, 2017
Have any of you experienced the same problem?

1. you have to set the screen setting to the darkest.
2. pick the same wallpaper as the video showed. (some other wall paper has the same issue)
3. Press and drag on the screen a I did in the video, look at the top left.

My question: is that a hardware issue?

Thanks

IMG_5056.JPG

brock2621

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2007
Kentucky
Mine does exact same thing in that exact pattern at exact same spot. Try switching backgrounds and see if it still does it. I think it might be the way the digital blur is happening.

JohnApples

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2014
Phew. Just noticed this earlier and it freaked me out a big. Less worrying to know it’s not just me.

Still, how did they manage to mess up the stock wallpaper?

diegochm

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2017
You can even see it more with same wall paper but in night shift mode. Take an screen shot and when the screen contrast is increased and you turn off the night shift mode, the mark disappears

ki41foo

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2018
Happy to see I'm not alone with this. Switching wallpaper helps but have no idea how to fix it.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
The best thing to do is report this bug to Apple.

Apple offers several ways to get in touch with them regarding feedback and issues:

• Apple Support—Apple’s one-stop shop for all customer questions, issues and inquiries, including bugs, with links to phone, chat and email support.
  • Apple Feedback—Send feature requests, bug reports and other comments for any of Apple’s products supported by this online feedback submission form.
  • Feedback Assistant—To report bugs discovered in public betas of Apple’s operating system, you’ll use the built-in Feedback Assistant, available as a standalone app or from the Help menu of any Apple app included in public betas of iOS and OS X.
  • Apple Bug Reporter—An online, developer-only tool with a web-based interface for submitting detailed crash and bug reports to Apple, organizing and tracking submissions and more. Apple Bug Reporter requires an Apple ID tied to your Apple Developer Program membership."
http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/04/15/how-to-submit-feedback-and-bug-reports-to-apple/

May30

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2018
Software issue with certain wallpapers.

Nothing to worry about.

Hi this issue is not to worry about? i have the same problem. I want to go in apple store to check this unit? Or ill wait for the next ios update? Please help

juniaziz

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2018
Have any of you experienced the same problem?

1. you have to set the screen setting to the darkest.
2. pick the same wallpaper as the video showed. (some other wall paper has the same issue)
3. Press and drag on the screen a I did in the video, look at the top left.

My question: is that a hardware issue?

Thanks

View attachment 734916

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH DID I FREAK OUT!

I used my iPhone X in the shower once and the next thing I noticed was this mark! I was literally cursing myself to death.

Thank you so much

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.