Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
I have installed "Snow Leopard" om my Mac & updated it to OS X 10.6.8. From what I read, ilife & iphoto are included in the installation, I can't find either. Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I have installed "Snow Leopard" om my Mac & updated it to OS X 10.6.8. From what I read, ilife & iphoto are included in the installation, I can't find either. Any suggestions ?

iLife is included with all Macs, but when you do a re install with OS X, you only get the applications that are included with it. iLife is a separate set of applications (iPhoto, iMovie, and Garageband). These are all available on the Mac App store, or you may still be able to find the install DVD online on Amazon or eBay etc.

Last edited:

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California

Did you install Snow Leopard from the grey restore DVD that came with your Mac? If you did, the iLife apps are on the second, grey DVD. I believe it is labelled "Applications."

If you installed from the white retail Snow Leopard DVD, that does not include the iLife apps. You will need to either reinstall them from the second, grey DVD I mentioned, or buy them from the App Store.

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
No, there was no gray disk. i purchased the OS for a reinstallation, that could explain why there was not a second disk. I purchased this Mac used and no original disk(s) included.

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
OK, I have ordered "ilife". also I ordered Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. Along with Office, a software program was included: "Microsoft Expressions Media 2" From what I can gather from the info included that it is similar to iphoto. Now I will be getting iphoto in the ilife package, do I need Microsoft Expressions ?
Or am I missing something ?

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
OK, I have ordered "ilife". also I ordered Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac. Along with Office, a software program was included: "Microsoft Expressions Media 2" From what I can gather from the info included that it is similar to iphoto. Now I will be getting iphoto in the ilife package, do I need Microsoft Expressions ?
Or am I missing something ?

Never heard of that app, but it would probably be best just to not install it (the less Microsoft apps the better :D) and iPhoto is a native OS X app made by Apple, so I would just use that.

I personally use Apple's professional photo app, Aperture, but iPhoto is still very nice.

markthefart

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Never heard of that app, but it would probably be best just to not install it (the less Microsoft apps the better :D) and iPhoto is a native OS X app made by Apple, so I would just use that.

I personally use Apple's professional photo app, Aperture, but iPhoto is still very nice.

I believe Expressions is a web design suite from Microsoft if I'm not mistaken.

chattahoochee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Palmetto Florida
I am searching for an Apple software that is similar to: "MGI PhotoSuite" This software operates in Windows only. With this software, photos can be manipulated in every degree. iphoto does not have these capabilities.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.