Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ti22Seven

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
Hello -

I've upgraded my iPhone6 to 10.0.2 and my macBook Pro to Sierra 10.12 and i am having an issue - perhaps somebody can share some insight...

Plug iPhone and iTunes starts right up. No issues there. Itunes is 12.5.1.21.

Now the issue:

If I start ImageCapture on the mac, the first thing it does is say "Please unlock iPhone". I have to manually unlock the iPhone and then pictures show up as usual.
If I start iPhoto on the mac, it just sits there with a message "Loading...". Nothing else. If I manually unlock the iPhone all works just fine.

What I have done so far:
  • I forced the whole "trust this computer" thing. That was an interesting exercise - did not help.
  • I then disabled all Restrictions (Settings/General/Restrictions) - did not help.
  • Last ditch effort: disabled passcode. This deleted all iPay settings as well as others which is not good. Tried ti run ImageCapture and iPhoto and they worked fine. But this is not an option. The second I turned this back on, same problem.
Any suggestions? This has NEVER happened before except now, after the upgrade. I know, why complain about having to manually unlock the iPhone. Well I rather not have to do that especially when the thing is wired with the USB cord to my mac.

Finally, I tried the exact things above with my iPad Air2 and it did the exact same thing. So this is a IOS10 issue. Any help would be appreciated.

akisurane

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2017
Hi, just now I experienced this and found out that simply taking the password off from the iPhone will do the trick.
It did work for me like a charm but not certain it will repeat to do for anyone else in that matter.
Hope this will help
someway!
someday!

karthikchandrasekhar2

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2017
Try to disconnect the USB cable from the Mac. Quit the Image Capture app. Now reconnect the cable and open the Image Capture and wait for it to say unlock the iPhone. Once you unlock, choose "Trust this ?computer" on the iPhone and you should be able to see your iPhone photos on your image capture.

Hope this helps

MikeQue

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2011
Been stuck with the same. I tried switching cables and trying both USB ports on my Macbook, and that seemed to finally solve this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.