Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GigaWire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 25, 2001
So why doesn't iPhoto support iMporting still image files off say a Sony camcorder? Anyone here with a camcorder able to iMport your stills iNto iPhoto? I take stills with my camcorder while location scouting, and it would have been nice to pull these in through iPhoto. I think Apple kind of screwed up neglecting this device as a photo source; iF indeed they did.

talk to me

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
iMovie

Due to the fact that its a camcorder and not a digital camera although it can be used as one. I just use iMovie and save them at images.

Maybe another chain of pain to fix!

mywar2000

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2002
central Cali.
yeah, I spent all day (yesterday) trying to get...

My sony trv 20 to import into iphoto. I think it has something to do with the fact that iphoto doesn't support firewire. On top of that hassle, imovie isn't registering my camera anymore... wtf?! it worked fine one day and not at all the next. damn.

Quark

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Firewire/iPhoto?

I have a Sony DCR-PC110 camcorder.

It has two main ports transferring data: Firewire and USB.

The FireWire is excusively for the Video.

The USB is exclusively for the stills.

I'm pretty sure that yours has USB.

Have you tried the USB port?

rtfm:rolleyes:

Quark

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Got the Answer...

Okay, I dug a little deeper and found a reasonable workaround for you guys... specifically the TRV20.

If your DV camera, like the TRV20, stores the digital images on a memory stick, or compact flash, or smart media, or other type memory card, get a USB memory adapter.

They shouldn't cost too much and you'll be able to take full advantage of iPhoto and importing your photos directly...

I hope that this helps.

I reread my earlier post and felt that I might have come across a little arrogant... sorry:(

Good LUCK!!;)

mywar2000

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2002
central Cali.
Yeah, the card reader solves the problem...

I just don't want to spend another 60 bucks... ya know?!
oh well, I should just buy a new digi camera. My trv20 takes crappy stills anyway. There's the solution, spend 600 bucks instead of 60... hehehe

-----------------
awaiting the delivery of my new imac! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.