Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chancellor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2003
Edmonton
I tried connecting a Powershot G2 camera to my new 15" Powerbook and iPhoto wouldn't recognize the camera. I have no problem downloading pictures off it with Windows.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

NP3

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2003
Los Angeles
need a little more details...

does a disk image of the camera appear on the desktop? because if one does, then iphoto is the problem.

If nothing appears, then you check drivers/usb connections etc.

Billicus

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2002
Charles City, Iowa
Well, it doesn't seem to be iPhoto because the PowerShot G2 appears on this webpage. Make sure you have the camera on and then plug the camera into you PowerBook. Also, go to the Image Capture application in your Applications Folder. In Image Capture preferences - (Image Capture Menu -> Preferences) make sure that the choice to open iPhoto is selected under the Camera tab. If none of that works, you'll have to get more specific in what's happening. :confused:

chancellor

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2003
Edmonton
Ok, I've figured out something. If I'm configured to a standard or admin account, there's no problem. I've I'm configured to a managed account it doesn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.