Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Looks more like photo management software with maybe some basic editing than a low-end Photoshop clone. You know, it will scan, import, and organize photos for you, with maybe some basic things like bright/contrast and color adjustment.

powerbook

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2001
Downloaded the new iPhoto application yesterday. Its looking very nice and I especially like the library system for storing the photographs.

There a few features that would be nice to have in a 1.5 version...

* Customizable HTML templates for the creation of homepages, similar to iView Media Pro

* Display of EXIF headers, I like to see the capture information of the picture. iPhoto, uses the EXIF headers and preserves them, so it might as well be able to display the info.

* Preserve original filename. Some cameras have a very good file naming structure. It would be nice if iPhoto wouldn't change the original files!!

* To download images from the camera seems to be a lot slower than using Image Capture in OS X, why is this?? Could it take extra time to create small thumbnails?

That's all I could think of for now... otherwise, great program!!

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
I wish iTunes had some sort of Photoshop-like "auto levels" or "auto contrast" function. It's lack of this requires me to still use PS to print (as you definitely want to adjust the levels before printing).

blakespot

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Adjusting Bright/Con - Levels

Didnt Steve do that during his iPhoto presentation? I remember a picture of a woman he touched up with a 'levels' like tool. It was originally a very dark picture, and he brightened it up.

Did I remember wrong?

macintoshse

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2001
iPhoto

> I wish iTunes had some sort of Photoshop-like
> "auto levels" or "auto contrast" function.

Well, I guess it sure would be inappropriate with such a function in iTunes.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
What I need is

it to run on os 9!!!! Come on people. If apple wants people to use these program s they need people. IF they can't get me to run it wat's the use of making it. os 9 is still a great Os and im not giving it up , just yet.

From what I've heard iPhoto is great.

U

Unregistered

iPhoto reduces image size!!!

Why and how does iPhoto reduce (by 50%) the image size as reported in the info window??? Any effect on quality??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.