Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bernie-Mac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Sin City, NV
Hey, ok when IFuntastic came out it seemed like a simple app for modding your iphone so i saw little risk involved and used it with happy results, but now as i want to get into more detailed modding of my phone i see you have to get a little more complicated with IPHUC and im a little nervous about messing up and having to restore my iphone again, but i want to switch up my iphone a little bit, so i guess im asking for a little feedback from people who have used IPHUC: was it really that hard? Are the mods as cool as they seem? etc. Thanks for any feedback

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
iPHUC is very simple as long as you know your bash.

I used Linux for 4 years before switching to Mac. :eek:

b257177

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2007
Even if you are no Bash pro, it's a pretty straight forward process. One I just went through in detail and have since posted about (link in signature.) Lots of links to the different How-To's and applications as well.

Hope this helps!

Natalia81

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2004
If you follow the tutorials on modmyiphone, is is pretty easy. You don't really need to know much about the terminal commands (but of course, it helps). My only complaint is that you have to download/install so many things just to be able to write to your iphone.

I have only modified the icons and the displayorder for them. I haven't done other apps yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.