Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matthewreid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
When do you think the 5g iPods will come out? Will the 4g's get a price reduction/memory bump soon? I've been saving up for a 20G iPod, but I don't want to buy it if something else better/cheaper is coming soon. What are your thoughts? Anyone have any "inside info" as to when we'll see some change to the lineup?

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Nobody has a clue, but i don't see the iPod lineup changing for the mean time.....with the Nano just released they will give it time to sink in for the consumer, so maybe we will see the 5g ipod in about 6 months time even longer possibly....

Anyway if your thinking about a Nano go for it i picked one up yesterday and they are no questions my favourite iPod ever, An unbelievable piece of machinery,

ShadOW

matthewreid

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2002
Well, I was originally thinking Nano...for the gym. But I already own a shuffle. So, i've since decided that I want to go ahead and get the 20g, since I don't need a "super-small" device. I just want to make sure that if i buy it next week, that a new one isn't introduced in another week's time.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
matthewreid said:
Well, I was originally thinking Nano...for the gym. But I already own a shuffle. So, i've since decided that I want to go ahead and get the 20g, since I don't need a "super-small" device. I just want to make sure that if i buy it next week, that a new one isn't introduced in another week's time.

I'm pretty sure you'd be safe with a 20gb iPod purchase they are unlikely to be updated anytime soon, so go ahead,

ShadOW

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i'm waiting for my next ipod i want to see the 5g ones, although the nano now is very tempting but it only will hold a fraction of my music

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
5th gen has to be video apple has to stay ahead of the game and so far theyve been good at that the nano is the first large flash player ext. I forsee 5th gen deffinitely being video but that means it wont be realeased for a while.

Jedi128

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2005
New York, NY
I too am confused as when to buy an iPod.... I have been wanting one with some space so that I can use it as a portable HD. The nano is so appealing but its just not big enough...... The 20GB sort of seems to run-of-the mill for me, so I have been thinking about a 60GB.... but.......

What I really want is a 30GB so, I might just try to find one on eBay. I keep waiting for Apple to give us mid-line option in the iPod line-up.... a 30GB or a 40GB for $350USD would be great! I'm thinking they might bump the memory here soon. I'm waiting untill after Paris to get one for sure..... even though its very likely that nothing big will happen at Paris, but with Apple, you never know....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.