Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrandCiel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2019
I ordered the latest iPod 128 to use with my Preamp, connected to the USB input via the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter. This will be used exclusively to play my ripped CD collection of ALAC files.

Not my thread title does this bypass the iPod DAC and send direct digital to my preamp allowing me to use the preamp DAC? I want the highest possible playback for lossless files.

The Adapter allows me to connect the charger and I would like to just leave it on in my AV cabinet. Will this have a negative impact on battery life?

Do I need to let the battery discharge occasionally or am I OK just leaving it plugged in?

Thanks.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
Get a Lightening charge cable that knows to stop between 90–95%. It prevents overcharging and will start restart charging when the battery drops below a threshold.

All of my McDodo cables charge my iPad Pro 2nd Gen and my wife's iPhone 7 but those earlier than these will not charge the iPhone 11 Pro. Look for the stripe on the barrel like this.
McDodo Upgraded Lightening Charge/Data cable
or this
McDodo Right Angle Upgraded cable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.